Friday, October 2, 2015

Getting Started

Hi, and welcome to my space.  How did this idea begin?  Well, to tell the truth I had all this fabric and realized I needed to do something useful with it, (thanks to my Native American grandmother and her teaching me not to waste anything) plus I love to create through sewing.  I know, you are thinking, make a quilt or maybe ten, (I have a lot of fabric)  but I've been there and have done that already.

It began with a purse I made from a tee I purchased on my first cruise. Just how many tee shirts can you wear at a time...?  In fact, I am not crazy about wearing tees to start with but I wanted something to remember the event.  Returning home, I begin to search for ideas. Hummmm.  A purse was the answer.  It is light weight, easy to carry and plus, its washable!  Go to the stash for a compatible lining and whala!  a purse!  Since then I have made many more from sports team tees, school tees, event tees.....the list is endless.  

If you have a tee you want made into a purse, (with inside pockets), let me know.  Cost is $20 plus shipping. Very reasonable, right? 

My daughter, Melissa, (the "M" in MS Purses) is in this idea with me.  Talk about a stash of fabric! She has a stash!  More about her in future postings.

Our goal is to offer one of a kind purses, something you won't see multiples of and yet to make them affordable but most of all fun to carry.  A statement, if you will.  

Thanks for visiting and watch for more.

Sharon (the "S" in MS Purses)

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to many more posts! Your purses are adorable!

    ReplyDelete